Friday, June 6, 2008

Weekend Fun


Last weekend was an eventful and fun-filled one for us!

Saturday night we had a sort of farewell barbeque with Steve's buddies-- Jared Hiatt, Jacob Mifflin, Jesse Hansen, and Ben Toller (brother)-- and their wives/kids. These guys have all been buddies for many years, but we aren't able to get together very often. Maybe two or three times a year! But, we wanted to get together at least one more time before we move out to Ohio. So, we fired up the grill, had some good laughs, pulled out "Rock Band" and had a grand ol' time!




Sunday, my little neice Kahri was blessed. My sister and her fam are out here from Switzerland and it was fun to get together with everyone. And Kahri, of course, is just so dang cute!

Most years, to kick off the summer, we have a campout in my parents' back yard-- Tiki Lamps and all! Friday night was the night we had planned for our Camp Out. Unfortunately my little brother Daniel was sick and throwing up Thursday night, so we canceled. Good thing we did, too, because Friday night my older brother Chris and my Mom both got the same thing!
Anyway, we ended up doing it Sunday night instead.
It was a fun night filled with "Hawaain" haystacks, homemade coconut ice cream, steel drum music played on the Sponge Bob boom box, tiki lamps, and plenty of flaming 'mallows!!!!



8 comments:

Karen said...

How fun! The Kirkham's know how to party, even if it's just in the backyard. Miss you guys!

Jesse said...

I love the pix, can you email them to me at randjhansen@gmail.com Please!

JMe said...

Fun stuff! Ben and I thought we were kind of Anti-Guitar Hero/Rock Band, BUT we actually had a WAY good time! Who knew? By the way, I was very impressed with your drumming skills! :)

Mindy K said...

FUN!! So sad everyone was sick though. Looks like you have great friends too. It was great to see you all last week. Hope you're not too stressed. Let us know if we can help move, clean, etc.

Camille said...

I love the idea of camping in the backyard to kick off summer! You Kirkham's are always having a party! :)

Bean said...

Proof that I gave into official nerd-om during a moment of weakness. It was actually fun to see everyone. If you guys need help moving stuff around letme know and I will send Jamie over to help.

The Obergs said...

holy hiatt! Oh my heck, I haven't seen that kid in a million years.... and he still looks the same. Speaking of same, Kahri looks just like Chris!

P.S. I know I'm not a Kirkham, but your campout looks incredible and I think the homemade coconut icecream sealed the deal. Can I be an honorary kirkham next year?

The Sayamas said...

Jenni! You leave tomorrow?! Where has the time gone?! We didn't even get to hang out one last time like we planned. I hope everything goes ok with moving. Are you all packed and ready to go?