Thursday, November 20, 2008

A quick look at the past few weeks....

Steve started trying to grow a beard a couple weeks ago. He only let it grow for close to two weeks, then he couldn't stand it any more and shaved it off. It was a bit patchy, but I bet it would look good if he gave it more time. Maybe in a few years he'll try again...

My Dad had this package delivered to us last week. It is from Harry and David. If you haven't ever had stuff from there... you are missing out. They have gourmet foods.... delicious. Our gift tower consisted of perfect pears, yummy apples, jams, cheese, smoked salmon, chocolate covered bing cherries (mmmmm...), nuts, chocolates, baklava, some sort of fudgy chocolate stuff, shortbread cookies with raspberry filling...... mmmmm...... tasty treats! Thanks Dad!


My good friend Keriann had a baby shower last Saturday and I helped with the food. I made Caramel Apples.....

They turned out good, and I thought they looked pretty awesome all lined up on the tray! So, I thought I'd share some pictures for your viewing pleasure.... sorry I don't have the technology to allow you to taste them on here....

Yesterday, November 19th, was Steve's Birthday! I got him a racquet ball racquet, some new clothes, "The Sword in the Stone" on DVD (he says it's his favorite disney movie), and a new watch.


It was kind of funny because I bought Steve a watch for his birthday 4 years ago.... and yesterday, on his birthday, that watch was close to dead. We were waiting to see if it would break all the way through by the end of the day.....
Now he has a new watch. He likes digital ones...that have the date and everything on the face. I thought this new blackish one looked nice for a digital watch.

(I caught Steve practicing racquet ball... in the house..... not like he could really keep it a secret... the sound of the ball bouncing against the wall kind of gave him away....)

For dinner we had Steve's favorite--Thai Curry. We even got to use my cool dishes I bought at Pier 1 Imports. (I found a gift card that we had gotten for our wedding over 3 years ago.... figured I'd put it to use!).

Oh and in case you were wondering.... my dining room is now themed around those dishes.... notice the color of the walls.... and I hung dark brown curtains....

Anyway, Happy Birthday Steve! He is now 27 years old and smells like formaldehyde! Not because he's old, but because he now disects cadavers in anatomy lab......

12 comments:

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday Steveo! I'm diggin the digital watch.

Cami said...

I was really enjoying your post, until the very end. YUCK. Takes special people to do what he wants to do :)

Karen said...

Mmmm...caramel apples. So I saw these on Megan's blog too. Might be a stupid question, but can I have the recipe? I'm domestically challenged, so it's probably just melt caramels, but I would still need a recipe.

Rachael said...

Hey Jenni I am in the middle of addressing Christmas cards and I don't have your address. Can you email me your address? randjhansen@gmail.com

Ash said...

27! Crap that's old. Happy Birthday old old Steve. We'll have to order a pizza PIE in celebration. Those apples look so yummy Jenni, I gotta stop putting it off and just make them. Your house is looking even cuter, it gets fun and feels more like home once the paint goes up. Hope you 2 have a happy thanksgiving.

Outlandish McCandlish said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO STEVE!!!!!
and jen your apples were a slice of heaven. My whole family loved them and I wish I had taken more. Can I hire you some time. Yum!

grammanisey said...

Happy Birthday indeed Steve! I thought the beard was lookin' pretty good! Not quite Fabio hair tho huh? lol The apples do look extremely yummy and I know that your Evil Jungle Princess Thai Curry is the best! Wish we could have been there for the festivities! :) My verification word is EXTERISH lol

Dustin and Kellie said...

Happy birthday Steve. I think that the package your dad sent was beautiful, even with out anything in it! And your caramel apple looked delicious! Good Job! Happy Thanksgiving!

Jon said...

I agree, the apples were amazing... Tasted even better than they looked!

Thanks for all your help with Keriann!

Mike Kirkham said...

Things to do in the anatomy lab(from a former medical student):
1) Name that horsdeovre: place small body part on a cheeze whiz Ritz cracker during a test
2) Let the cadaver listen to your IPod while you cut out it's liver
3) DO NOT PLAY AIR GUITAR WITH THE CADAVER'S LEG!
4)See whose cadaver has the biggest medulla oblongata.

Mike Kirkham said...

One more thing: DO NOT TAKE ONE OF THOSE CARMEL APPLES INTO THE CADAVER LAB. THEY LOOK SO TASTY, THE DEAD WOULD PROBABLY KIPE YOUR TREAT!

JMe said...

Ben is just barely seeing this post for the first time and he keep talking about how impressed he is with your carmel apples. YOu are amazin'. We are SOoO excited to see you guys in a week or so!