Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Waiting

Well, Steve has received some more interview offers:
Loma Linda University Program, Loma Linda, CA
and University of Texas Southwestern Medical School Program, Dallas, TX
(yes, that is TWO programs in Dallas on the list now..... twice the chance that we will end up close to you guys, Julie and Justin ;) ;) )

He has interviews scheduled from now until Christmas, pretty much. So, needless to say, he will be doing a lot of traveling. Right now, he is in Phoenix doing his rotation there all month and will interview while he is there.

Robby and I have survived a whole week without Daddy here. Robby has handled it very well! I have actually been surprised. Every day he usually just reminds me at least once that "Daddy flew on a airplane. He's in Arizona, Mommy." But, he has been happy and we have enjoyed our time together thus far. 

We have tried to stay busy and do some fun things to keep us distracted. It helped a lot that the weather pretty much returned to SUMMER this week. We have been in the 80s which has been awesome!

Here are some highlights from the week:

Peanuts and Fries from Five Guys:



Mommy learning to crochet:
...and Robby wanting to try it out too!

I made this hat for "baby sister".....

...then Robby insisted I needed to make him a brown hat too!






Picking apples at Johnston's Fruit Farms:


Enjoying the fruits of his labor...



Perhaps we went overboard...


 
Fun times at the park:


 We love our zoo!:





Fun with friends:



 
Baking with apples:

I have been making different apple recipes almost every day in attempts to use our apples. It has been a tasty week!
And of course Robby is a great "helper"...
 



So, one week down, three to go!
Hopefully Robby continues to be happy and do well. Even though he isn't acting out due to it, I do know he definitely notices Daddy is gone and misses him.
Robby put his tie on this bear last night, then brought him out back and said the bear was going to church. Then he left the bear on the steps and said "He is waiting for daddy"...
...and he is still sitting there... waiting...


6 comments:

The Ziemers said...

That hat is adorable! I need the pattern so i can make one for our baby girl! I'm glad you are having fun and not missing Steve too much. Maybe when you come out for the Memphis interview we could get together...I don't think that is too far from us.

Rodarte Family said...

What a sweet little guy you have! I can't believe how big he is! I also can't believe your endless talent supply :) That hat is darling!

Julie Sacks said...

YEAH!!! So when is he coming here! We are so excited to see him but we are super sad it's not the whole Toller family coming too. I can't believe you are 23 weeks along! I can't wait to see pics of this new little girl...and super cute hat by the way!

Angela said...

This is a sweet idea. My husband used to travel a lot for work -- 4-5 week stints broken up with a 3-day weekend at home. I had a new baby during some of it, as well as a toddler...and I learned a LOT. Yeah, that's a euphemism for it being really hard. But I DID learn.


P.S. I found you after I clicked through to one of my readers' blogs, and then one of her links. Hey, at least I remember.

teeppe said...

Clicking Here replica bags buy online More Bonuses replica ysl handbags blog here best replica bags online

Anonymous said...

مكافحة حشرات
عزل خزانات المياه
عزل اسطح
صيانة افران الغاز
تنظيف افران الغاز
انشاء مسابح