Sunday, September 7, 2008

Missing my family....

My family is partying in Florida without me.....
(nephew Kyler, niece Kahri in stroller, sister Megan, bro-in-law Brady, brothers Daniel and Jordan, and my lovely mom Denise)



I took these pictures of my niece back before we moved out here and before my sister headed back to Switzerland. I just had them printed for my sister to pick up while she is out visiting again. As I've worked on them, I've wished I could see this cute little babe and give her a squish! This has been the first week I have started to feel some real tinges of homesickness. My family is all out in Florida right now on a vacation while my sister is visiting from Switzerland, and I wish I could be there with them : ( But, can't do everything.
However, thanks to our wonderful parents, we will be flying home for Christmas! Mine and Steve's parents are paying for our plane tickets to fly home. We will fly out December 21st and stay for 2 weeks, returning to Toledo on January 4th, the day before Steve goes back to school.
It feels kind of strange to already be making plans for Christmas! But, it will be here before we know it. I am excited already... I love the holiday season. I have already started listening to Christmas music. Not all that "HO HO HO" stuff--- REAL Christmas music.... I've quite enjoyed it : )




8 comments:

Rachael said...

Jenni you'll have to email me and let me know when you come in. Well have to get you a christmas gift. Maybe we will have to meet up at your in-laws and sing christmas carols around their fire place. And have you take some family pictures. We really need some taken.

JMe said...

Hooray! I am stoked you guys are coming home for Christmas. It really isn't too far out. I am proud of you kids. See you in december. Oh yeah, I told you midgets are decieving! That lady was just trying to get you to trust her then kill you!
(this is ben by the way I was just too lazy to sign Jamie out)

Shelly said...

It is NOT too soon to be thinking about Christmas. That is what our family lives for. I have griswald for a husband. Glad you guys get to come home.

jean toller said...

I'm excited to see you guys for Christmas. I know the pains of feeling homesick. My Mom and Dad never lived by me after I got married. It was hard especially when I had kids. I was always jealous of my friends dropping their kids off to their Mom's while they went shopping or whatever. Somehow I survived though. You do what you have to do. It will be worth it in the end. Just enjoy the ride and know we love you and miss you and pray for you both. Love MOM TOLLER

Textura Photography said...

Hey Jennifer:

I was reading your post and wanted to let you know that it is never too early to make christmas plans. We have already purchased our flights to head back to Utah for christmas, so your not early, your right on time. It's cheaper to do it early. Oh and I think we used to have that same bamboo shower curtain haha. One thing we did that you might want to try is, buy a bamboo stick from a craft store, and wrap some type of leafy thing around it. We did it and it looks pretty cool. I'm no Martha Stewart but hey, its an idea.

Idontcare said...

:( We wish we were there too. Darn it, we always seem to miss out!

dockters said...

It is hard to be away from family...especially when you know they are altogether having fun!! I feel your pain! But Christmas will be here SOON!! And you are absolutely going to love fall here in Toledo...it's gorgeous! I hope the next few months go quickly for you!

Megan said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Kyler, the boss, and I fly into Salt Lake January 11!! Have you booked your flights yet? We can't miss you by such a short time it's just not right!!!!