Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I miss sewing....

I made this dress back in April for my little niece Kahri right after she was born. I made it a 6 month size so she could wear it in the fall. Well, fall is here and she finally fits in it! Yay!

I wish I could actually see her in it (in person). But, I don't think I'll be making another trip to Switzerland any time soon, unfortunately....

Oh, and here is a dress I made for my little niece Emery who is 2. I made it for her back in June before we moved. I never heard if she ever wore it or not....mabye it didn't fit. Oh, well. I thought it turned out cute.
This was before it was completely finished (not hemmed yet, and no zipper).

Then, this was when it was finished (except I hadn't trimmed the ribbon tie yet...)

I like how it flares at the bottom.

Anyway, I miss sewing. Haven't been able to do any since I got here. Maybe some day....

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Those are so... cute! Are you excepting orders, I am willing to pay if needed?

Keriann said...

Such cute dresses! I like to sew too. It can be a lot of fun. I'm sure you will be able to do some more some day.

Idontcare said...

k I'm commenting on like the 6 previous blogs you posted cause I have been catching up... STeve looks good, congrats on gaining 10 lbs, your hair is SO cute!!!!, your crafts/house are darn cute, I miss you!, we want to come visit.... and thats it :)

JMe said...

Crap! I have pictures of Emery in that dress! I need to send them to you! It fits her perfectly and it is one of her favorite dresses to wear to nursery on Sundays. We get complimented on it all the time. You are a very talented young lady! :) My grandma gave me a sewing machine a few weeks ago--now all I need to figure out is how to sew more than just straight lines. Too bad you're not here to help me!!

Julie Sacks said...

Very, very, very cute dresses. We had an activity once teaching us how to sew, I think we just found our new teacher!
PS You have been tagged on my blog!

Megan said...

That little girl is awfully cute, she must have an aunt who loves her dearly to make such a cute dress. I love it! I think she wore it 3 times last week! I just can't leave it for Sundays only, it's too cute! I miss you Jenaynee, maybe i shoud book my flight home in january through ohio. We ahven't booked a return yet.

grammanisey said...

The dresses are truly darling and the sweet little face in the one matches perfectly! I'm sure the one on Emery looks just as cute! :)
Good job, Jen!