Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bamboo Bathroom

BEFORE

AFTER

So, I wasn't a huge fan of the blue bathroom... I mean, it was cute... but not really me. And it didn't match all the bathroom stuff I already had! So, I am in the process of painting it. Two walls are now green. I am still trying to determine what to do next.... What color do I paint the other two walls.... and what color do I do the window frame and trim/moulding/whatever that strip of wood is that goes around the room!???

Here is the wall across from the shower (notice the reflection in the mirror)

Then the other wall just has the door on it.

I was thinking either paint the other two walls a light beige-ish tan color(like the color of the towels, picture below) and then do the trim stuff a darker tannish color (like the trim on the towel). Or, vice versa.

Suggestions please! I am no good at this!

7 comments:

jean toller said...

Hi Jenni! I miss you! Actually I love the green bathroon. I love that color and I know it is your favorite one. I kind of like the darker trim on the edge of the towel color. I'm sure what ever you choose will look great. I think you're better at this than you think you are. Love you, Mom Toller

Bean said...

K I have been on the food blog and I's gots to be tryin sum dems recipes!

Mindy K said...

I would paint the other wall the cream towel color and the trim the darker brown. Maybe you could do the window on the green wall the same cream as the other wall and the cabinet on the cream wall the same green as the green wall. That way it would all tie in together--maybe not.

You can take your towel into Home Depot; the'll scan it and match the paint color exactly. Pretty cool.

GOOD LUCK!!

Halverson Talk said...

I really like that color also! Good job!!! I agree to mindyk... I like that dark brown for trim ;0) Although... I like it white also! I am not a good person to comment on the stuff like this.... I am not very good at picking colors either... It looks great so far though!!! I can't wait to see it done! I am planning on painting Kai's room also... but Josiah don't think that I actually get it done! So you imspired me to do it and get it done ;0) Let's go to Home Depot tonight!

Blatter said...

I would do a dark brown paint for the trim. Looks great!

Idontcare said...

I think a lighter cream color with the darker color for the trim would be beautiful. I love that shade of green! You're house is darling!

Jill Lau said...

I love the green wall...much better than the blue. I like it with the white trim too. good luck. Such a cute house you have.