Friday, October 9, 2009

Gordito

Definition:
Gor.di.to noun
Gordito adjective


And that, my friends, is the nickname I have adopted for
my 2 month old son.

GORDITO

Yesterday, Robby had his 2 month appointment.
He now weighs 13 pounds 8
ounces.
He is in the 90th percentile for his weight and 75th percentile for both height and head size.
Man we love our chubby little guy! It is funny how once you actually KNOW how much th
ey weigh, they suddenly feel so much heavier! Hahaha....

Here is the unsuspecting Gordito ready to head to the doctor's office. Little did he know he was getting shots....
And.... Here he is after getting stabbed in the leg twice.

It was sad to watch him go through that, but I am so grateful we have immunizations available to prevent things much worse than a little stab in the leg.

Anyway, he did quite well at the doctor's office. He just smiled up at the doctor while she looked him over. She said she was impressed with how social he is. And she was glad to see him thriving so well... all 13 and a half pounds of him.

I can't believe how fast this little dude is growing up. I put him in this outfit the other day...

...and Steve said he didn't like it because he looked all grown up and it made Steve feel like he'd missed Robby growing up.
I think he looks so adorable in his "big boy" clothes.
But, it is crazy how big he has gotten in just 2 months time.
FIVE POUNDS in 2 months.... that is over half of his birth weight!
Man.... I must be producing pure cream.....

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

He's adorable! The big boy outfit is really cute.

Rachael said...

For some reason I am not surprised by Robby's nickname. That strikes me as something Steve would come up with. Totally cute! :)

...And he only had to get two shots! Lucky kid the smallest amount any one of my kids has gotten on one visit is three.

Hayden was fat like that two, and I thought the same thing. For some reason boys just eat more, And grow faster.

Dustin and Kellie said...

I think it's great! What a cutie- every little bit! And I'm with you that outfit is adorable, but I also remember looking at Ethan and thinking When did he get so big!

I am Chree-uz. said...

Hahahaha "well-upholstered!"

He's definitely a chunk and a half! 75 percentile in head size...definitely some Kirkham blood.