Monday, October 19, 2009

Rug

We purchased a rug last week.
We decided that since our home has no carpet in it, we should probably get a rug. I wanted to be able to put Robby on the ground so he can learn to roll over and crawl when it's time. The hardwood floors make it hard to do that, because even with a blanket on the ground, he would just slide all over when he'd move.
Anyway, here is our early Christmas present.
I think Robby likes it, too.

Oh, and on that collage, check out that hilarious smile he does sometimes.
You know which picture I'm talking about....
It's so funny because he pulls his chin back to his neck and puts his tongue up to the roof of his mouth. Hahaha.... Funny kid.

So, last Thursday night Robby slept 7 hours straight! I was so excited, but tried not to get my hopes up too high. Up until then he had been waking up usually just once a night to eat. There was the occasional night when he'd wake up twice, but most nights just once. So, that wasn't bad. But, hey, who wouldn't want a full night of uninterrupted sleep? So, of course, I was hopeful..
Anyway... he slept 7 hours straight Thursday night....
Unfortunately, since then, he has been waking 3 or 4 times a night!!!
Ahhh..... hopefully he's just going through another little growth spurt (haha... this kid is going to be a giant!) and he'll get over it soon.
But, until then... I'll probably be getting up several times a night...
Good thing he's so stinkin' cute.
How can you get upset at a face like this?

7 comments:

Mindy K said...

Nice rug--can't believe what a cute little smile that Robby has!!

Megan said...

I like that rug! And that little Gordito melts my heart, I could stare at him all day.

hoLLY said...

isnt it great when they sleep more than 3 hours?! he is so stinkin cute! and I lOVE your rug!

Brittney said...

It was fun to check up on your family. What a sweet handsome little boy. Good work!

Kent and Leisy said...

when it's 3 am - and already my second or third time up for the night- I am VERY impatient- regardless of the cuteness of my children! you are a good mother :)

brittani c. said...

Hard wood floors sound so good to me right now. Congrats on the rug choice!

grammanisey said...

It is a nice rug AND such a cute little bug to go on it! :D