Monday, July 14, 2008

Getting Settled

Well, the truck came a week ago and dropped off the trailer with our stuff in it. Big ol' truck.... but don't worry, it wasn't full with our stuff!! We only used 7 feet of the 28 foot trailer. That's what we liked about this company-- you only pay for how ever much space you use, then they fill up the rest with freight or something and drive it across the country for you!


Anyway, that day was the first day of real humidity since we had gotten here and we definitely felt it as we went back and forth from the muggy trailer, through the muggy air, and into our muggy, unairconditioned house! (We are looking into getting a window unit air conditioner right now). Thanks to some nice men from our ward (thanks Justin and Jon!) we had everything into the house in just under 2 hours.


It was nice to finally have something to sit on! We gladly welcomed the first chair in the house.


Then of course came the "fun" part.... unpacking and finding a place for everything! The funny thing is, for the first time in our married life, the trouble hasn't been finding enough room to put our stuff.... but rather, deciding how to use up all the room we have! Right now we definitely have more room than we really need, but we didn't want to have to move again before our 4 years are up here in Toledo. So, we have room to spare for now with hopes that our little family will grow and we'll fill it up eventually.

Anyway, we decided to paint a couple walls in the living room (and when I say "we" I mean "I" decided). I knew I wanted to do this before we even came. Because, I had seen the pictures of the living room in the upstairs unit and loved their red walls! (that was the picture I originally posted on here when showing where I was going to live). So, Jake and Jenny (our upstairs neighbors.... whom we actually haven't even met in person yet because they went to Utah to visit on the same day we left Utah to come here!) were kind enough to let me use their left over red paint to paint my walls! Before the walls were yellow.... I left the others yellow for now and I'm trying to decide whether to keep them or paint them a different color. But, one step at a time.

For now, I've at least got my red walls : )

5 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, the place looks really nice. Love the hardwood floors and the new red wall!

Rachael said...

Looking good! The house looks really cute from all the pictures I've seen. We're hoping your little family will be much bigger,hopefully by the next time we get together. I would love to see a cute little Steve Jr. running around terrorizing every one.

Megan said...

I'm so glad you guys are getting settled, I have been checking your blog everyday waiting for this post! Kyler asked if we could come visit your new house in Florida (he's a little confused). Love you guys! Happy red walls!

Jenny and Jake said...

It looks just like home... oh wait

jean toller said...

Hey guys, I love the red walls. I love the house as well, it is beautiful!! Just like the people that live in it. Adam is enjoying your room downstairs and we hardly ever see him! Miss you guys. Love MOM