Saturday, July 19, 2008

Okay, enough suspense

I know you are all dying to find out where it is I will be wearing that snazzy uniform-- navy blue shirt and khakis. Okay, so you probably don't really care. But, here you are, back on my blog, so I am going to tell you.

I can't believe nobody guessed that I am going back to North Layton Junior High! I mean come on.... the braces.... the khakis and blue polo (part of the dress code/uniform at the junior high I went to). Don't I look like a junior high student?

Okay, so really this is my outfit for my new job. I got hired this past week at..........

No, not Walmart (although at the Walmart I have been to here in Toledo... they all dress in khakis and navy blue shirts)......

No, not a grocery store (sorry for those of you who were so confident in that guess)........

I will be working at Shoe Carnival.



(this isn't a picture of the exact store I work at... it didn't just open...)

That's right folks.... Shoe Carnival. That has got to be one of the stupidest names I have ever heard of for a shoe store.... I guess I should be glad that all they make us wear is khakis and a blue shirt.... there are much worse things I can imagine being forced to wear at a store with the word "carnival" in it's name.....

Anyway, this was not my first choice of places to work.... but, you take what you can get, right? Especially when there are thousands of dollars dependant upon whether or not you have a full time job within the next week or two! At the University of Toledo, if the student's spouse is employed full time in the state of Ohio by the time tuition is due, you are eligible to pay IN STATE TUITION. So, by me getting this full time job, we could be saving somewhere between 20 and 30,000 dollars (or so I've been told). So, a little full time job working a cash register at a shoe store is good enough! We looked tons of different places for people hiring. Plenty of places were hiring, but this was the first place we could find that was actually hiring for full time positions. I am actually glad I got this job, because if I didn't find something soon, I was going to have to resort to working telemarketing. And, for anyone who doesn't already know.... I HATE telemarketing.... I have a hard time even talking on the phone to people I KNOW and to people who WANT to talk to me.... Telemarketing is just not the job for me.

Anyway, that is my new job. As my younger brother put it.... "......that's different from photography...." Yeah, definitely nothing close to what I've been spending the past few years of my life doing.... but, it's all for a good cause and I'm glad I was blessed to find this full time job.

Oh, and for the record.... I think I really could pass as a junior high student.... one of my coworkers said to me yesterday, "So, have you graduated from high school yet? Where do you go?" I had to laugh to myself as I informed her that I had indeed graduated.... 6 years ago : )

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Haahahahhaaaa...Yeah r...ight, sure you've graduated! ;) Are you sure your not a fifteen year old That just happens to be married to a man in his late twenties?

Rachael said...

Oh I almost forgot to ask. Does your store keep clown shoes in stock? Could you imagine having to wear a uniform to work that was like: Hot Dog on a Stick's?

Shelly said...

At least you can get a discount on shoes. Ryan teases me about how many shoes I have.

micah folsom photography said...

well worth saving the big bucks for graduate school! plus all the shoe discounts will be great i'm sure:]

Ash said...

So do they have some pretty cool shoes at this carnival? That was what I was guessing the uniform was for I just never got time to come back and post it. I figured you wouldn't be making up a nerdy name as that unless there was a real business with the name. They better have some awesome shoes to make up for it.

I am Chree-uz. said...

Looks good enough for a junior high uniform to me!
How goes it Jenniveve? Looks like things are pretty good out there! Shoe Carnival sounds awesome, do they have a ferris wheel?
I just got a job at Living Scriptures selling their movies n' such by telemarketing...Well technically I'm still in the interview/training phase, but I am confident. Sweetness.
By the way, don't you remember them cicada's back in Illinois? Ugh...huge loud creatures they are!
Anyway, love ya and miss you guys!

aLi said...

Wow, that's crazy about the tuition. Just think about how much money you are saving... you could go to med school, too!
Congrats on your job! And Congrats on looking young still! I swear, with my 2 kiddo's in tote (and the extra baby weight) I look like I'm in my 30's! ;P