Monday, October 27, 2008

Quirky Jenni

I was tagged by both Julie and Stephanie to tell 6 Quirks I have. I am finally going to finish up my list.... but just because I was tagged twice doesn't mean I have to do 12... right??


1) When I heat something up in the microwave, the time I set almost always ends in a 7. Instead of a minute, I usually do 77 seconds (which is probably most often used...). Never 30 seconds... it's 37..... or 57......... you get the idea. I have a slight obsessive compulsive behavior there....

2) Often when I'm listening to music, I find myself "leading" the music.... whether it be all out conducting, just a slight swing of the hand, or just a little wave of a few fingers. Often I even find that I am leading the beat with my foot. ........down, in, out, up, down, in, out, up......

3) I..... can NOT dance..... But, I have a little "jig" I do randomly..... its more just a little shuffle of the feet. Sometimes its like a victory dance, or an "I'm happy" dance. Very NOT cute.... you'll probably never see me do it.... unless you are Steve.... maybe my mom or sister.

4) I guess I am what my sibblings like to call a "food monitor." Ever since I was little, I was always keeping track of what everyone ate... "No, you can't eat another popsicle, you already had one!" "Didn't mom just buy these fruit snacks.... and they are already gone???" "Hey, I had 217 Skittles in this bag.... now there are only 216! Who ate one????" "Are you sure you want to take that much mashed potatoes? You're not going to eat it all...." Then as I got older, it evolved into not being able to stand seeing food get wasted.... When my family would go out to restaurants, I wouldn't order anything, because I knew without at doubt that everyone would order too much food, so I would just eat everyone else's "leftovers" or the stuff they didn't want on their plate (the vegetables off of Daniel's plate, the other half of the giant steak on Jordan's plate.....etc.) and, heck, by the end, I would get a sampler platter of all the meals and we wouldn't waste any food!!! My sibblings think I'm a "food monitor" and find it irritating I'm sure. My grandma is proud of my ways and applauds me for being so frugal and non-wasteful. :)

5) If food is intended to be hot, I would rather it be so hot that it burns my tongue than have it just luke warm. I also like my drinks very cold.

6) I love the windshield wipers.... but only if they work really well. There is just something so wonderful about having a splotchy dirty window... and then squirting that washer fluid and watching those wipers wipe it squeaky clean!!! I probably use my wipers way more often than is needed. Sometimes I even reach over while Steve is driving and squirt the fluid and wipe the window!! hahaha.... I'm sure it drives him crazy. But, it's not just windshield wipers.... I find the same joy in taking a paint roller and watching as my strokes change the wall from one color to another! Or how about when you have a dark carpet that is dirty, and you vacuum it..... ooohhh. ...yeah... love that..... watching as each stride makes a path of clean carpet! Wow... I am quite strange.....

7) Just kidding, not really doing any more. I just like the number 7......

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never tried cooking stuff in the microwave in units ending in 7. I think I'm going to try it. do you think 777 seconds is too long for hot cocoa?

The Sayamas said...

These are such funny quirks! I have been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing in Toledo. I'm glad for the updates, it looks like you guys are having fun. It's awesome you were able to go to Kirtland. I love the ears made out of hair-quite inventive!

Brittney said...

Jen--your food monitor quirk totally took me back to the good old roommate days. You even did it then! I tried not to ever say anything about it, but I sure did notice! Love you for it!

grammanisey said...

Hahaha! I love it! Sorry, Jen! I don't know where you get those kind of strange OCD behaviors! ;)

I am Chree-uz. said...

I've never noticed the 7 thing!
But Jen you failed to mention the time you told me I would never eat two pork chops...and you were right...but I ate 'em both just to prove you wrong. Ugh that was a bad idea...

Mike Kirkham said...

Did anyone notice that 217 skittles ends in a 7. She's frickin weird. She definitely takes after her mother (who is 47 years old, weight 117 pounds, has an IQ of 177.7, wishes she'd been married to 7 guys that AREN'T me, and has 5 extra nipples....5+2=7).

Give me a break, I'm a Dr. Well, not really, but I did stay at a Hotel 7 last night.

Mike Kirkham said...

Check out the time of my posting. I've been sitting here for hours waiting to post a 7 PM just to comfort Jenni's OCD.

Mike Kirkham said...

Curses! Daylight savings has botched my evil scheme of posting at exactly 7 PM(plus my computer clock is off by a minute).

My life has no real meaning anymore.... I shall now proceed toward the light in an orderly fashion.

Jillyn said...

Jen, that is so funny that you lead the music when you listen...I do it too! You know what I just thought of? When we would do the dishes and sing primary songs in harmony?? Good times. Sure love ya and hope you're doing well.

Unknown said...

Dang, those are some good quirks. And I think I have seen your "jig," at least I can picture a 12-year old Jenni doing it after reading something good in the "notebook." HAHAHAHA