Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Bit of Sightseeing

Today, we took a little "field trip" to a castle about 20 minutes from my sister's house. Schloss Lenzburg. I love old buildings and historical stuff. The thing is, in the United States an old building is some building that's a couple hundred years old. In Europe, old buildings are much older than our home country itself!!! Parts of this castle were built in the 11th century. Awesome, eh?











Unfortunately, we couldn't go into the castle-- it was closed for the winter. We did get to walk around the castle and walk accross the draw bridge, up to the doors, etc.

Then, there was a hill across from it where you could walk up, up, up to the top where you got a great view of the castle (thats where I was when I took that first picture).

1 comments:

Steph said...

You took that picture?! Haha that is so amazing because I thought that you had gotten it off the internet that's how good it is!! Not that that's amazing, because you are an amazing photographer, I just thought that it was a postcard!! You're so good Jenni!! I'm jealous, I want to go back over to Europe, so pretty!!