Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ciao!

We are flying to Rome Tuesday night! We will be there for three days. YAY!!! I am very excited. A little nervous, considering that my mom and I are both very indecisive AND have a horrible sense of direction...... I can just see us completely lost and/or spending a whole day just trying to decide where we should go.... Hopefully that won't be the case! We have tried to do as much preplanning as possible.
In our planning efforts, it was brought to our attention that this is Holy Week-- the week leading up to Easter. Holy Week is the busiest week in Rome.... of course that just happened to be the week we chose to go there!!! No turning back now. We already had our plane tickets and hotel reservations. Plus, we got all our Euros (they say you need to pay cash for most everything). So, we will go, fight the crowds, try not to get mugged, eat some good food, and certainly still have a great time! Wish us luck!

7 comments:

I am Chree-uz. said...

Ciao! When the moon hits yer eye like a big-a-pizza pie...das amore!

Rome...Itly?? What the heckya doin in Itly?

The Obergs said...

Oh not fair. It sounds like you guys are going to have a great time. I hear Rome is exactly how you picture it....little cobble stone street and skinny alleyways, and TONS of historical sites. Have a good time and don't get too lost.

The Sayamas said...

How exciting! Will you visit Vatican? I saw Steve at church, poor guy seems lonely! Well, I hope you have fun and good luck!

Bri and Britt said...

Jenni,
Wow, you are having an amazing trip! How exciting. Steve came home teaching here on Sunday. He misses you. Don't stay away too much longer. But you are having an awesome experience so enjoy that as well. It was good to see your comment on our blog. I hope we can get to know each other better this way too.
Britt

Bean said...

Have fun roaming in Rome! Get it Roam in Rome? I will explain it to you some day. I like pepper jack cheese I have decided. Be safe and dont worry, Steve's temporary mail order wife is doing a great job! She doesn't speak english and has tried to blow up the Utah State Capitol building a few times, but other than that she is ok.

Mindy K said...

Soo cool Jen, it sound like you're having a great time. What a great trip, to be with family, to meet a new beautiful little niece and to be able to document the entire thing as only talented you could do so. The pictures are great, and of course the ones of baby Kahri are priceless. Thanks for sharing

Mindy K said...

p.s. please don't get lost. If I were there I would ensure you got lost, and that you accomplished nothing--blasted family genes