Monday, March 31, 2008

Clouds



Sometimes the clouds seem to stay too long…
pouring down showers and blocking the light.
A seemingly nonexistent sun.
All I see is darkness, rain.
Cold and wet,
my head is cloudy and filled with those same dark billows
that seem to expand,
yet my emptiness weighs me down.
Hazy sky
with innumerable tear drops
trickling,
falling--
Mimicking my own.
Mimicking or mocking?
Momentary breaks in the dull monotony
Offer a glimpse at elusive rays.
Fragile rays that I fear won’t stay long enough to fill me.
But long enough to give me hope...
For a time.

3 comments:

The Sayamas said...

That's beautiful. Did you write it?

Jenni said...

Yeah, I wrote it....

I am Chree-uz. said...

Hey Jen. Your poem brings me to tears, especially in light of the recent tragedy. I love you Jen. Lets always look "Beyond the Gray Sky"
(song by 311)