Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I got a flat tire on Saturday


My 14 Easy Steps on How to Change a Tire:


1) Figure out where to place the jack and hope it's the right place....


2) Jack the car up off the ground (apparently the jack was in the right place)


3) Try to pry the hubcap off the wheel hub thing.


4) After the hubcap is all bent out of shape and not off, realize that the hubcap won't come all the way off until the lugnuts are off.


5) Try to turn one of the lugnuts with the tool....


6) Watch as the wheel turns at this point making it impossible to turn the lugnut.....


7) Lower the jack to bring the car back down to the ground so you CAN get the lugnuts off.


8) Try AGAIN to turn the lugnut..... and realize you have no muscles.


9) Stand on the tool and use your weight to turn the lugnut!


10) As the last lugnut is removed, watch as the hubcap pops off and luckily returns to it's original shape.


11) Pull as hard as you can in attempt to get the wheel off.......


12) Watch as the car wobbles and threatens to fall off the jack ......


13) Finally, ask the guy across the street to come help and watch as he removes the wheel with ease.


14) Willingly let him finish the job for you : )

13 comments:

Steph said...

Haha yah I would have had no idea what to do either.. This would have been me with a flat tire, "Umm.. Sky? A little help please?" So way to go! You're awesome, loved the picture play by play :)

Jenni said...

haha. yeah, steve was unfortunately at work at the time. I was at my mom's house, so, my mom and I decided we'd try to take matters into our own hands.....

Bean said...

Holy Crap! That was funny! Dude looking at those pictures I cant believe your cap went back to theright shape. It looks completely destroyed in that picture. That is awesome

Jenni said...

Yeah, I was kinda suprised as well. It honestly popped right back to it's original shape as I took the last lugnut off. Remember those little rubberish toys that were shaped kind of like a little half of a hollow bouncy ball... then you kind of turn it inside out and set it on a table and after a few seconds it pops back to its original form and shoots into the air??? Yeah, that's kinda what it reminded me of.

The Sayamas said...

This made me luagh. Especially when I read that it was you and your mom! I love your mom-she is so funny. I would have never attempted this!

Rodarte Family said...

A for effort : ) I don't think I would have even attempted it!

Mindy K said...

That is so awesome. I applaud your efforts. My approach would have been to stand in front of the car looking sad, and then go ask my neighbor for help. We missed you in Idaho--and your cute new hair

Megan said...

This is HILARIOUS, you are awesome.

Idontcare said...

Oh man! You should have waited for me! I am a PRO at changing tires... comes from my high school days when I had 4, thats right, 4! flat tires in 1 month... I swear someone was slashing my tires... but really my hubcaps were just breaking my air nozzles off all 4 of my tires! Dang things..... :)

The Obergs said...

I'm impressed that you actually attempted to do it yourself. The three times that I've had a flat I have quickly called for some manly assistance from my dad or brothers. Only you wouldn't be able to get the "tool" to move even with putting all of your body weight on it. The rest of the world that weighs over 100 pounds could make it turn with ease...hahah. Thanks for the documentation. I'm left wondering who was taking the pictures.

The Obergs said...

oh wait, I just read your comments and figured out it was your mom.

The Sayamas said...

That's funny. If it was Chris he would have made your mom do it. Haha. Just kidding. -Rory

Textura Photography said...

Jennifer...How are you doing? Man I haven't talk to you forever. How is Steve doing? Is he still going after pharmacology or something different? Send me an email sometime, tdtaylor13@gmail.com.