Monday, April 28, 2008

I, Jenni, am a Sew-a-holic

It's true... I sew. I have always liked to sew. When I was little I remember hand sewing little outfits for some of my stuffed animals. haha... When I was in highschool I would add straps/capsleeves onto my dance dresses (prom, etc). I didn't really know what I was doing, but they usually turned out alright. In college, I took a sewing class one semester and enjoyed it. I never did have my own sewing machine though. On my birthday this last year (December 28th) my parents gave me a sewing machine. So, I've started putting it to use.

Before I went out to Switzerland I made a bunting (a blanket type thing with a zipper on it) for my sister's baby on it's way.



Don't you just love the cute little binky button?






When I got back from Switzerland I decided to try making a little dress for my new niece. It is a 6 month size so she can wear it in the fall. I think it turned out well.





My next project was to make a skirt for myself. I finished that and wore it to church 2 weeks in a row because I'm bored with all my other clothes (apparently I need to make myself some more skirts). I don't have a picture of that yet....


Next I made.... another little dress for my niece!!! Okay, so maybe I'm a little obsessed with making stuff for babies. But, they are just so little and cute!!! And Kahri is so little and cute too: ) This one is a size 1 to 3 months so she'll be able to wear it when she comes out to visit at the end of May!!!


I just love the pink and green.


AND my current project, is.... another little dress.... for my niece... hahaha... but this time, I'm switching to my other niece. My niece Emery who is 2 years old. I'll let you know how it turns out.

OH yeah! And I forgot... A couple weeks ago my little brother Jordan was doing a lip sync at school. He and his friends were doing "ABC" by the Jackson 5. So... I transformed some jeans into "bellbottoms" for them. haha... Yeah, I didn't want to spend days and days making 4 pairs of bellbottoms, so they were by no means perfect... but they got the job done!

Jordan is the one in the blue shirt... he was little Michael Jackson.

The little Jackson Five... minus one.....haha... nice 'fros!

14 comments:

I am Chree-uz. said...

You should sew me a dress! Er...bellbottoms...

Cami said...

Wow! You are so talented! I am still waiting for my adult sized baby quilt.
Oh yeah, and guess what I ate today? A mango and some Multi Grain bread. (no rolls..) aaahhhh memories...

Mindy K said...

Jenni,
You are so un-freakin-believable. Of course you can sew--I love those little dresses. I too have a sewing machine that I asked Kev to get me for xmas a few years ago. I use it to sew stitcheries into pillows, and I find that scary.

You must have a touch of Grandma Marlene in you--more than a touch. And that's nice :)

The Obergs said...

Jenni, give me some lessons in photography and sewing would ya?? Those are the two things that I am dying to get in to. My mom actually refurbished her old sewing machine for me, but alas, I get confused just threading the thing. I hope my mom doesn't think she failed me because my husband can sew better than I can.... All your projects turned out so great. I'm jealous

The Sayamas said...

Wow Jenni these projects are all amazing! You are so talented! I love those little dresses! I loved your skirt by the way :)

Brook Parker said...

wow you are so talented and so amazing.what cant you do!! all the little dresses you did were absolutely perfect and adorable! Major props to you on how amazing you are!

Tammy said...

Hi, Jenni: I just showed my girls the comment you made on our blog. They were very excited. We just wanted to say hi. We really like your pictures and your sewing projects. My girls love your haircut. Hope you are well. Love, Tammy, Taryn & Joelie

Rodarte Family said...

Those little dresses are adorable. You are seriously talented!

Blaine said...

What's the deal! You are overflowing with talent and hidden talents apparently! I love that you just made a skirt for yourself. Maybe I should try it. You may have to give me so serious lessons!

micah folsom photography said...

i'm so jealous that you can sew so well! very impressive! So i just got your recipe and i can't wait to make it! We LOVE cafe rio! yum yum yum! We love all types of food really... so any recipes you wanna throw my way would be fabulous! If you want you can email them to me at micahandjd@hotmail.com... thanks so much! i'll let you know how the sweet pork turns out:)

JMe said...

I am VERY impressed! Those dresses are darling and it is so sweet of you to make something for Emes! I am very excited to see what you have in store...

Bean said...

sew sew sew your boat gently down the stream

karla said...

I didn't know that you sew - great work!

Nicole ; ) said...

Jen ~
I never knew you were such an amazing seamstress!!!! I too have a sewing machine that I inherited . . . it is sitting on the floor in my room. Unfortunately I don't know much about using it. So kudoos to you!