Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Well.....

It seems the clouds are thinning...





Thanks to all who voted on where they thought we'd end up for medical school.


The Poll is now closed, and votes are tallied up!





There were:





4 votes for the University of Texas in Galveston, Texas





6 votes for the University of West Virginia in Morgantown, West Virginia





16 votes for University of Toledo in Toledo, Ohio and





2 votes for Nowhere (I'm going to assume that those 2 votes were from people that just couldn't stand to see us leave... not people that didn't have any faith in Steve's ability to get in....)






So..... we were notified today that Steve has been accepted to Medical School!

We are going to...........................




UT.......................no... that doesn't stand for Utah.


or for University of Texas....................................





HOLY TOLEDO!!!!! WE'RE GOING TO OHIO!!! UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO!


So, good job to all you who voted correctly (which was the majority of you) and most of all CONGRATULATIONS TO


(future) DOCTOR STEVE TOLLER!!!!



We aren't sure yet when we will move. School starts in August, so that only gives us a few months to get out there, get settled, and get me a job before tuition is due! (Supposedly if I have a full time job out there by the time we pay tuition, we will be considered instate and will get to pay instate tuition... or something like that....) Of course we'll keep everyone up to date as we make decisions and figure things out.

19 comments:

Rodarte Family said...

Congrats! That's so exciting!

The Obergs said...

Hooray! Congratulations Dr. Toller. This is great news, I knew he'd get in. In other news, Jenni, I just saw your last post, I'm glad your procedure went well. Good luck with everything!

Cami said...

Yeah!!! congrats again!

Shelly said...

That is wonderful news! You know Jake is in Ohio right? I wonder how close you will be to eachother. He is in Columbus. Anyway good luck and I guess we will see you at the Kirkham Reunion before you guys go.

Natalie said...

Congrats! Waiting to see if you get into Med school is such a stressful thing. I remember when Bryce opened his acceptance letter I started bawling, some tears of relief and some because I was pregnant (hormonal). I know it may not seem so now, but being that tomorrow is graduation this last four years has gone by really fast! You guys will make the best of friends in med school and hopefully love Ohio as much as we have loved St. Louis. Good luck with everything!

Jon said...

Yeah! We are so excited! If you need any help with anything here in Toledo let us know. We will be here all summer and would love to help. Can't wait to see you in Toledo!

-Jon and Keriann Felt

Erin said...

Yay!! I knew that with how smart Steve is that he'd have to get accepted somewhere. Otherwise that would mean only mutant smart freaks get in and that's not who I want working on me when I'm under some knife. We'll be making the move out of Utah sometime next spring or summer, it'll be weird living in another state. Good luck getting a job and getting settled, Ohio will love you and UT will miss you.

Mindy K said...

Nice job, you two--and especially Steve ! We will really miss you. Kourtney is already angry. She says you two were just starting to have fun, and she asked if you really would be back for the reunion.

Congrats!!

Camille said...

YEY!!! CONGRATS! That is great news! We wish you the best!

Whit said...

Congrats... you'll have to email Sherri she'll be really excited!And when we visit this fall we'll have to see you too!

Karen said...

Yay! Congratulations Steve! Good job. That's a little closer to us. Dr. Toller...you know you're going to be pestered by the family for advice all the time, like we pester Uncle Mike, right ;)

dockters said...

Congrats! The Felts told us about your blog...we're excited to have you as fellow Toledoans. I have some info about getting the in-state tuition, so send me an email if you're interested! See you this summer!

lindsay...and eric dockter
docktercrew@gmail.com

Kent and Leisy said...

Welcome (in a few months) to Toledo!! We are so excited to get more people in the ward and at UT! I'm sure you guys will love it out here- we definitely do. It seems like you have lots of other connections- but we'd be more then happy to help with anything! e-mail us with any questions.

-kent and leisy miller.
leisyoswald@hotmail.com

Bean said...

YEs steve! I can really not think of a better person in the world that it could happen to. He has worked so hard, and he deserves it. It is crazy how fast all of this is happening! Now I can come visit you gus in the way fun land of Ohio....Oh wait, uhhhhh. Anyways, Congrats to the Beave!

Jenny and Jake said...

Hello Jenni! This is Jenny Snow from Toledo! We sent you an email about were we live. I love it here! It was fun to look at your blog and get to know you guys a little bit. Our blog link is jennyandjake.blogspot.com. I am so glad you have sewing and photography talents! Those are my two latest skills I am trying to learn:) We recently had an RS sewing activity and I made a skirt! It was so fun. If you have any questions about the area feel free to call.

Jenny and Jake said...

Hello, I just read my comment and I noticed my mispelled word:) I meant where :)oops

Kent and Leisy said...

Sorry to be commenting again- but I hear you are talking to the snows about moving into the place they live and I thought I'd tell you A) they are the best neighbors you could have and B) the place is great! Just in case you wanted a second opinion :) I love how big their place is- and it's really cute. Good luck.

Steph said...

Congrats you two!! That is so awesome!! What an exciting new chapter in your lives, how fun!!

BHodges said...

Good man, Steve. Congrats on schooling, etc.